Volunteer at The Waters. Have fun. Make a difference.
Volunteering with The Waters may also lend to your sense of wellbeing. This belief is supported by growing research about the benefits of volunteering and its direct connection to personal health and wellbeing.
The Waters offers adult and youth-focused volunteer opportunities.
Adult opportunities are open to anyone 18 years of age or older who wants to support their community or are simply interested in creating new relationships with others.
Youth opportunities are open to those 15-17 years old, or part of a larger school-based program, to engage in intergenerational programming and learn from the wisdom our residents and families have to offer.
Ways to get involved
Are you a people person?
- Socialize one-on-one or in a group
- Play a game, cards or put a puzzle together with a resident
- Accompany a resident(s) on a walk
- Help serve, set up or assist an event
- Accompany a resident during a social hour, concert, craft or event
Have a gift or talent to share?
- Lead or help organize a craft activity
- Read a short story or poetry to a resident(s)
- Play music such as: piano, brass or violin
- Help our residents follow an exercise video
- Lead devotional/prayer group
- Help teach our residents new technology
- Ideas for innovative ways to volunteer? We’d love to hear them!
How to get started
Contact the community where you would like to volunteer. Volunteers are required to complete the Volunteer Application Form.