Careers at The Waters
Much like a flourishing plant, thriving begins at the roots. At The Waters, we are committed to fostering a workplace environment where initiative is recognized and personal contribution is rewarded; where every day brings opportunities to build meaningful relationships and make a difference in families’ lives. We’re proud to offer competitive wages and leading-edge benefits, but there’s much more to working at The Waters than a paycheck.
The Waters Way is a philosophy that underlies everything we do. It’s how we foster personal connections through combining hospitality and wellbeing. We connect with our residents and each other by living our promise daily: to see you, hear you and know you.
The Waters Way is embodied by four community attributes:
- Hospitality–Everything at The Waters is grounded in a history of gracious living and hospitality. It’s a mindset. It’s a willingness to dedicate yourself to your work and our residents’ wellbeing.
- Care–Our care is personalized to the needs of the individual with the goal to help residents remain independent as long as possible.
- Environment–Our intentional design and locations complement our gracious living approach. Everything in The Waters is designed with purpose to comfort and please.
- Programming–The Active Life Team creates programming based on six dimensions of health and wellbeing.
Everything we do, every day, is part of The Waters Way! It creates and environment and atmosphere that nurtures residents and staff and encourages our community to thrive™!
REFLECTIONS is our signature program for onboarding and training our Team Members, expressing the idea that part of The Waters Way is to reflect hospitality and graciousness in the actions and choices we make every day. The values that guide us and help us all to thrive™ are:
Communicate and collaborate in an open, honest, respectful manner and believe that transparency builds trust.
Recognize that the interest of our residents and fellow team members should come before our own.
Recognize the responsibility and accountability to always do the right thing for our team members, residents and investors.
Challenge the industry status quo to enhance the quality of the resident and team member experience.
Victories are Celebrated
Value everyone’s contributions and seek out ways to genuinely express appreciation and celebrate successes.
Every Moment Matters
Every moment is an opportunity to be a reflection of The Waters and to make lasting, favorable impressions.
At The Waters, we provide a pathway for growth and stability while enhancing your paycheck through our RA Growth Pathway program. Wherever you start along the pathway—certified or not—we’ll invest in your career and as you learn, you can earn more! Our four-step pathway provides you with the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive™ as a part of our team.
- Non-certified and need or want training
- Perform basic RA responsibilities
- Grow through education and training
- Earn $
- CNA certified
- Can perform all RA responsibilities
- Continue to grow through education and training
- Earn More $$
- Medication pass trained
- Can perform all RA responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence required to pass medications to residents
- Earn More $$$
- Advanced leadership point of contact and medications management
- Communications management
- Advanced medications passing
- Emergency and end-of-life leadership
- Enhanced competencies (i.e., blood glucose testing, etc.)
- Earn More $$$$
While a career at The Waters is rewarding in many deeply meaningful and intangible ways, we also know that benefits and perks are important to all of our team members, not just full-time employees.
The Waters is excited to offer Tuition Reimbursement to team members aspiring to thrive™ in their job and to develop their career potential. Eligible team members may apply for reimbursement up to a maximum of $500 per calendar year to be spent on tuition and/or books. Eligibility includes part- and full-time employees who meet a minimum hour requirement.
Our Wallet program allows team members to get paid for hours they have already worked before their set pay date. This is one of the perks our employees appreciate most!