Location, Location, Location!
When you live at The Waters on Mayowood, just five minutes from Downtown Rochester, you’re delightfully convenient to great shopping, dining, recreation, museums, historic sites, natural beauty, golf, and cultural and performing arts. Close to Highway 52 and easy for visitors to find, yet nestled on a tranquil campus of our own, with green pastures remaining from the Mayo Estate right in front of us, and the South Fork of the Zumbro River (and its paved walking path) running right behind us. It’s the best of all possible worlds, where you get to spend each day enjoying a safe, small-town, suburban lifestyle that’s minutes from the vitality and variety of Rochester.
Located within a short drive from your new home:
- The world-renowned Mayo Clinic medical center, headquartered in Rochester, is two miles away
- Shopping centers and grocery stores
- Douglas Trail, a paved, 12.5-mile walking and biking trail on an abandoned, flat rail bed through scenic forests and fields, with a bridge over Highway 14
- Movie Theaters
- Quarry Hill Nature Center
- The Mayowood Mansion
- The Plummer Building and Mayo Clinic Historical Suite
- Plummer House
- Mayo Civic Center
- Silver Lake and Park—scenic 1.8-mile loop around a manmade lake. Bikes, tandem bikes, paddleboats and canoes are available for rent. Visiting grandkids will love the outdoor swimming pool, tier-one skate park, and Children's Adventure Playground
- Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial
- Wineries and microbreweries
- and so much more!